If you’re looking to get more involved within our UU La Crosse community or our Greater La Crosse area, email email@example.com to talk to our Congregational Administrator about many wonderful volunteer opportunities!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Sunday Service Volunteers
Please consider volunteering on Sunday mornings. We need your help! If everyone who is able chips in and does just one task, we can all share the work.
There are many ways you can help out, so it should be easy to find at least one task that you enjoy! If you want to volunteer in the building, your options include:
- Counting offering money after service
- Making coffee and helping with setup
- Cleaning up after Coffee Hour
- Controlling the camera (very easy!)
- Greeting (a great way to get to know the community better!)
- Zoom Greeters (volunteer from home!)
- Learning how to run the livestream (easier than it seems!)
You don’t need to have any experience with the technology to help with the technical side of things. Heather will meet with you for training, and there will always be detailed instructions provided to assist you. There are also trainings available for Greeters and Money Counters. So, if you’re reading this, please consider lending a helping hand! 🙂
If you have any questions, please email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth RE Volunteers
Calling all volunteers who like fun, active kids and outside time!
In lieu of doing formal RE over the summer we are trying to put together a solid schedule of volunteers for RE Play Time. Weather permitting, volunteers will walk with youth to Weigent Park to play and walk back near the end of services. Contingency plans will be made and provided to you including a rainy day plan and a very small group plan. Your help is needed to keep our youth engaged and active over the summer. Please sign up using our usual volunteer sign up link here (Click Here). If you’d like to volunteer but do not yet have a background check on file, please contact Heather (email@example.com).
Join a Committee!
Many of the weekly or programmatic tasks not otherwise taken care of by staff members are handled by several volunteer teams. These include:
Contact information and usual meeting times (may change) are listed below:
- Adult Religious Education (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Building and Grounds (email@example.com) – 1st Tuesdays @ 6 PM
- Finance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Financial Stewardship (email@example.com) – 1st Thursdays @ 8 AM
- Member Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 3rd Wednesdays @ 5:30 PM
- Youth Religious Education (email@example.com) – 1st Wednesdays @ 7 PM
- Social & Environmental Justice (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 2nd Tuesdays @ 6:30 PM
- Sunday Services and Music (email@example.com) – 3rd Thursdays @ 5 PM
If you have questions or are interested in sharing your talents with one of the teams above, please contact the team leader using the emails listed above, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find more information for each team below! Click the images to enlarge.