FRIDAYS FOR FUTURE YOUTH CLIMATE STRIKE: LA CROSSE CHAPTER
Events on 9/20 Climate Strike Day:
- 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Commuter Visibility at the intersection of La Crosse Street and Losey Boulevard. Bring a sign stressing that (single occupant) fossil fuel vehicles are big greenhouse gas emitters. Be prepared for weather. Contact Cathy.
- Morning Private prayer service. FSPA.
- Noon to 12:11 p.m. Eleven minute walkout at noon on Friday, Sept 20th at the Clock Tower: “11 Fears for 11 Years”- submit your biggest climate change fear to Josie to be read aloud, or bring it on a poster.
- Noon to 4:00 p.m.weekly Fridays 4 Future Climate Strike outside Central HS on Losey Boulevard. Allies of all ages welcome. Contact Anna
- 12:30 p.m. Friends of the La Crosse Marsh will host a “walk and talk” on the effects of climate change for the marsh. The meeting point is the Gun Club Shelter trailhead. Contact David.
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.: CLIMATE CHANGE KILLS! A peaceful assembly of citizens to petition Rep. Ron Kind to take immediate meaningful climate action. Meet at Burns Park, 8th & Main, to march to Fifth Avenue South between King and Jay Streets. ALL WELCOME. BRING SIGNS. Contact Anna or Janette.
Events during Climate Strike week:
- Tuesday, September 24 at 7 p.m.in the Ho-Chunk Three Rivers House, 8th & Main Streets Extinction Rebellion: HEADING FOR EXTINCTION a video from the April 2019 Oxford XR program with George Monbiot and discussion hosted by Coulee Region Sierra Club. Contact Kathy.
- Earth temperature timeli
- NASA Carbon timeline
- Species extinction
- Climate Action Tracker
- Climate Strike Art Kit (posters for strike events)
- The Uninhabitable Earth (annotated article)
- Bill McKibben’s advice for climate activists
- Central High School Environmental Club
- Coulee DSA
- Coulee Region Sierra Club
- Coulee Region Climate Alliance
- Friends of the La Crosse Marsh
- La Crosse Area SURJ
- League of Women Voters of the La Crosse Area
- Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship of La Crosse
- UWL Geography Club
- UWL Students for Sustainability
- Wisconsin Conservation Voters
- Youth Climate Action Teams of Wisconsin