Join us for an amazing pancake breakfast then settle in to explore what’s happened in Unitarian Universalism since the Unitarians and the Universalists merged in 1961.
Topics we’ll touch on include:
1) The influence of the Vietnam War on Unitarian Universalist views about the military and America’s role as a superpower
2) Why Second Wave Feminism radically changed Unitarian Universalist ministry and theology
3) The Civil Rights movement’s impact on Unitarian Universalism
4) How AIDS, same sex marriage and the fight for LGBTQ equality filled our pews in the 1990s and what that meant for our denomination as a whole
5) How we changed after 9/11 and the Invasion of Iraq
6) How the growing awareness of clergy abuse has changed our expectations of ministers, and how ministers have responded to the need for professional accountability
7) How the 2008 Recession, the Climate Emergency and the Black Lives Matter Movement
began shifting Unitarian Universalism from Liberalism to Liberationism
Please RSVP (insert link) if you are planning to join us.
If you need childcare, please RSVP by February 8. Your children can join us for breakfast and will then be taken to the
Conference Room and Nursery area where childcare is offered. If you want to help prepare the breakfast, let us know. Or just show up at 8 a.m. on February 15th. Many hands make light work!